The Principal Veterinarian will plan and execute interventional and open surgical procedures for medical device safety and efficacy testing at an AAALAC-accredited research facility. They will provide technical leadership and support for all aspects of medical imaging (CT, MRI, Ultrasound) programs at the facility. In addition, they will be part of a team providing recommendations and implementation of accepted standards pertaining to animal husbandry, preventative medicine, anesthesia, analgesia, diagnosis and treatment of health problems to assure humane care and treatment of the animal population used in the development of implantable devices, biomaterials, and/or biotherapeutic treatments.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and abilities
- Plans, executes, and follows up on technical, clinical, and/or
field research projects in toxicity, clinical pathology, and animal
nutrition to produce meaningful information relating to safety and
efficacy leading to Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Conducts research projects involving different drug combinations, either independently or with others.
- Responsible for veterinarian issues such as: clinical diagnosis, disease outbreaks, all species, animal surgery, and animal models.
- Develops, implements, and controls procedures related to acquisition, maintenance, quarantine, and disposition of all research animals.
- Coordinates with, provides technical support, and acts as liaison on animal health matters.
- Continually improving the welfare of animals by complying with the Institution Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Participates in the designing of new facilities and improvement of facilities.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, DVM
- Current license to practice veterinary medicine in MN or ability to obtain licensure in 6 months
- Operation and interpretation of Medical imaging systems (CT, MRI, Ultrasound, OCT)
- At least 7+ years in Animal Care business (AAALAC-accredited facility): experienced in laboratory animal medicine and care, IACUC and GLP experienced
- Multi-species experience (dogs, rabbits, sheep, pigs,)
- Ability to work with human cadaveric tissue and specimens
- Excellent interpersonal and team relations
- Effective communicator with excellent technical writing skills and oral presentation
- Avid collaborator and educator
- Ability to handle stress and conflict constructively
Post Date: 01.12.2019
Salary: Contact for Rate
You're on your way to a new career!
Contact an Clinicor Consultant at 612-977-1470 to schedule an interview.
If you would like to see more jobs Click Here
Please Login, Register or you can apply as a guest
If you would prefer to speak directly to an Clinicor Staffing Consultant, please call us at 612-977-1470 and reference OrderID 816291
If you are looking for per diem, contract staffing or direct hire placement look to Clinicor Medical and Clinical Staffing. You will not find another medical staffing agency in Minnesota that will work as hard to effectively and consistently match your lifestyle that meets your professional goals.
We offer healthcare opportunities that encompass a wide variety of healthcare specialties: Medical Nursing, Allied Health, Clinical Research and Medical Administrative.
As a member of Clinicor’s dynamic healthcare team, we offer competitive pay and you will enjoy comprehensive benefits, flexible scheduling options and rewarding assignments in an environment suited just for you.
Clinicor Medical and Clinical Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.